Sunday, June 05, 2005

Aggravated Assault

Sunday I was dispatched to a wreck where there had been an assault. When I got there I talked to a man that told me he was sitting in his truck in the backyard to a house. His ex-girlfriend showed up and wanted money. They got into an argument and she reached in and scratched his face several times. I could see the scratches and that he was bleeding.

The man went on to say that while he was sitting in the truck his ex-girlfriend rammed the truck four times, and then she left. The evidence I saw seemed to match his story, plus he had a witness that gave the same account.

The ex-girlfriend was not on scene, but the man told us where she lived. Another officer went to her house as I conducted my investigation. He found that the ex-girlfriend was not home but someone at the house called her and she said she would return.

I finished my investigation at the offense location and went to the suspect’s house. A short time later the ex-girlfriend drove up. She had damage to the front of her Jeep Cherokee.

I spoke with her using an interpreter. She told me that she had gone to the offense location to get some money and got into an argument with her boyfriend. During the argument he said he was going to kill her and grabbed her to prevent her from leaving. She got away and he blocked her in with his truck so she rammed the truck to get away.

The ex-girlfriend showed me one scratch on her wrist to back up her story. Her story was not consistent with what I had seen at the offense location. The truck that got rammed was sitting in the back corner of the yard and was not blocking anyone from leaving. I could see the marks in the dirt where the truck had been pushed after being hit so I was certain that is where it had been parked when it had been rammed.

I told the ex-girlfriend I did not believe her story and arrested her for aggravated assault with a motor vehicle, my second felony arrest of the week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home