Friday, April 01, 2005

Drunk Driving

The other day I was finishing up lunch with another officer when the dispatcher asked if there was an officer near where we were. I answered her and said I was. She then said there was a person following a possible drunk driver and gave a vehicle description.

The other officer and I got up to throw our trash away and go to our cars. As we did so the other officer looked out the window and said he thought he saw the car. I looked out the window and saw the car and agreed.

We got in our cars and started after the possible drunk driver. Dispatch then told us that the car had been involved in a wreck and that it had kept going. By this time several other officers that were in the area were looking for the car also.

They found it in the Wal-Mart parking lot right in front of the front doors. They tried to get the occupants out but they wouldn't get out at first. I arrived on scene in time to see the driver and passenger being "helped" out of the car. I then put the driver in my car. While this was going on the Wal-Mart shoppers stood there watching.

I went and looked at the car and saw that the airbags had deployed. The driver in his intoxicated state just kept on driving after the wreck even after the airbags went off. He went to jail along with his two passengers.

The car he hit was not seriously damaged, but his car was. For once the drunk got the worse end of the wreck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home