Friday, April 01, 2005

A Wreck a Liar and an Overdose

Last weekend I was dispatched to a wreck. It was a cold rainy night so I was not too thrilled to be going to this call where I would have to be out in the elements.

I arrived on scene and found a truck and a car blocking the road. A lady walked up to me said hi to me and told me that the other person had caused the wreck because she was driving too fast. I had dealt with this lady on a previous call where she wanted to report her boyfriend was stealing her medication and threatening her. She said she he might hurt her. I asked the lady what car she was in and she pointed to a parking lot. I asked her to get her drivers license and insurance for me.

I found that the truck belonged to witnesses so I got them to pull into the parking lot. The lady from the car in the parking lot gave me her drivers license and insurance. I then spoke with the young woman driving the other car involved and got her into the parking lot.

Once everyone was out of the road I talked to the witnesses. They told me that the woman who had given me her drivers license and insurance had not been driving and that a man had been driving. The also told me that the car did not have any lights on and had turned in front of the other car.

I then spoke to the young woman driving the other car involved. She was not injured but was shaken up. She could not tell me who was driving the other car or if it had had its lights on.

I then confronted the woman who claimed to be the driver of the other car. I asked her if she was the driver and she told me she was. I then told her she was lying to me and she responded that she was.

I completed the accident report and showed the liars to be at fault. I also gave the male that had been driving three citations. Two of which I would normally not issue, but when you lie to the police there are consequences.

The man she was with is the boyfriend I had talked to her about before. She had been scared to death of him then, or so she said.

A couple of days later another officer was dispatched to her apartment. It seems her boyfriend had overdosed on some medication. He will be fine, but I wonder if the citations I gave him had something to do with him overdosing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home