Thursday, March 03, 2005

You're Grounded

The other day I was patrolling when I turned down a residential street and saw another patrol car in front of me. I followed it as it pulled over and stopped. I saw some guys standing on the other side of the street and figured the officer was going to talk to them for some reason.

The officer got out of his car and started to talk to a rather big kid that turned out to be 14. He told the kid to stop and come to him and the kid kept walking. After telling the kid a couple of times to stop the kid did and walked towards us. The kid had a large stick on a rope on his back. It turns out someone had told the other officer that this kid was chasing around another kid threatening him with a stick. The officer talked to the kid for a couple of minutes and took his stick. The officer then told the kid he was grounded and to get back in his yard because he was not allowed to be on his streets the rest of the day. I had to turn around because I was laughing so hard. I didn't want the kid to see me. We didn't have a problem from him the rest of the day. Sometimes you have to be creative.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home