Tuesday, June 07, 2005

A Domestic

Later in the day I was dispatched to a disturbance in a car. The caller said a man was driving down the street and hitting the female passenger.

The female officer from the drug arrest was closer to them and found them. She saw the man push the woman and then stopped their car.

When I got there I found the male driver out of the car talking to my partner. The female passenger was in the car and talking to my Chief who had stopped by. We checked both for warrants and found that the woman had a fail to identify fugitive warrant from a neighboring county. I told dispatch to confirm the warrant.

The woman was injured from being hit in the car so I placed the male under arrest for assaulting her. While waiting for dispatch to confirm the warrant on the female I began to complete jail paperwork for the male. I verified his name again. He told me he had lied to my partner about his name and gave me his correct name.

I checked that name and found out that he had a warrant for fail to identify fugitive also. I had dispatch confirm this warrant. That just added several charges to the man. He went to jail for fail to identify fugitive, his warrant for fail to identify fugitive, assault bodily injury family violence which are all misdemeanors, and fraudulent use of identifying information since he had originally identified himself as his brother, that is a felony.

That meant I was involved in five felony arrests for the day. That’s not a bad days work if I say so myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home