Thursday, July 27, 2006

A Foot Chase

Friday night I was working with a partner. We were looking for something to get into when we saw two guys in a dark area near some cars in the general area where there have been car burglaries. When they saw us they started to walk away from the area. We made the block and came back to them.

By the time we made the block they were in a parking lot to a restaurant. As we pulled in the parking lot my partner yelled at them out the window to stop. One did, the other looked at us and kept walking. My partner yelled at him again as I started to get out of the car. I was expecting him to run.

He did. I chased after him on foot as my partner followed in the car. We went about a block, turned and went about another block made a circle around a house and started to go back where we had started.

He had a good jump on me but I had been steadily gaining on him. We jumped a curb and I tased him. I stumbled over the curb and fell on my stomach as I deployed the taser. I looked up and saw that I had hit him with the taser and that he was falling towards me. I quickly jumped up and out of the way.

By this time my partner arrived and took him into custody. He did not like being tased. I don't blame him, it hurts.