Friday, August 12, 2005

First Night Back

My first night back at work I was ready to do some work, but was a little tired since I had gotten used to being up during the day. I was riding around and an officer got dispatched to a noise disturbance call at an apartment complex on my beat. I spoke up and said I would be in route. Another Officer spoke up and said he would be in route also because he was close.

The other officer arrived on scene pretty quickly, and called out that he had a subject running. He did not give chase but stopped the people that were with him. I hurried to the area and began to look for the guy. A few minutes later dispatch told us they had a call from someone saying the guy had run into an apartment.

I went to the apartment along with several other officers. One of the officer's knocked on the door but didn't get an answer. He could see that someone was in there through the window. Eventually a guy opened the door. I checked his heart and it was beating pretty fast, so I figured it was probably him that had run. He denied it and said he had been sitting on the throne in the bathroom when we knocked and it scared him since he was in his buddies house. The problem was his buddies had already told us it was him that had run.

He went to jail. He admitted that he had run because he had a beer in his hand. It isn't illegal to drink in a parking lot so he had no reason to run. We found out after he was in custody that he had a warrant for assaulting a family member.

One of his buddies had a warrant too. I arrested him, and before searching him asked if he had anything I needed to know about meaning any contraband or anything that might stick or hurt me. He told me he had marijuana in his pocket. Sure enough he did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home