Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Another Person that can’t Remember Their Name

One night I stopped to talk to two males that were hanging out on the side of a closed business. They were both Hispanic and claimed not to speak English very well. I asked them for identification and they said they did not have any. To avoid any problems because of the language barrier I had them write their names and birth dates down for me. I had my dispatcher check them for warrants they did not find any. I suspected that one of the guys was lying about his name because the other guy had referred to him by a different name than he had given me. The guy would not give up his real name though. So I decided to bluff him. I told him I knew he was lying about his name but the name he gave me came back with a murder warrant so he was going to go to jail for the murder warrant. He decided he did not like that idea and told me his real name. It came back with a traffic warrant and I arrested him for that as well as for failing to identify. If he had just told me his name to begin with I would not have taken him to jail for just the traffic warrant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home